Saturday, January 16, 2010

For BLT lovers

My favorite sandwich in the whole world is a BLT.  Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, with LOTS of mayonnaise, on crunchy white toast.

Sigh.

However, I am getting almost the same amount of yum from a BLT salad, using turkey bacon, shredded cheese, chopped tomato, and mayonnaise for a dressing.  I could eat this every day without getting tired of it.  I don't bother with lettuce but it would be prettier and more nutritious if I included it.




BLT Salad (without the lettuce)

3 slices turkey bacon
finely shredded cheese (I use Mexican blend)
1 Roma tomato (or other flavorful tomato)
1-2 tbsp. mayonnaise (full fat variety)

Cook bacon until crisp (2 min. 45 sec. in my microwave).  Chop tomato and put in bowl.  Top with 1-2 tbsp. shredded cheese, a nice big dollop of mayo, and the bacon, crumbled.  Stir it all together and enjoy!

Note:  To make sure I don't fall asleep due to gorging this delicious salad, I divide it in half and leave at least 30 minutes between eating each portion.

No comments:

Post a Comment